Sunday, February 28, 2010
- The Germans are pissed about having to help bail out the Greeks to save the Euro. The German and French insistence on keeping the IMF out may come back to haunt them. If speculators can target Greek investments the bailout could either fail or become much more expensive. Can't blame the average German for missing the Mark
- Chinese banks are needing to raise capital to cover all the loans the have been doling out in the last couple of years.
- Alarmists on China's military improvements are misreading the signs or trying to defend their Cold War spending priorities.
- Some unexpected reactions to the September decision on changing our approach to missile defense in Europe. (...America itself seems to have been caught unprepared by the enthusiasm of its allies.)
- A non-binding resolution about the Turks and the Armenians in 1915 will strain US.-Turkey relations