Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Republicans think the darndest things!
Check out some of the results of a new Daily Kos/Research 2000 poll of 2,000 self-identified Republicans...
• 39% of Republicans want President Obama to be impeached.It's hard to believe that a party with those views could find itself in a staggering majority on Capitol Hill, even if the minority party is afraid of its own shadow...
• 63% think Obama is a socialist.
• Only 42% believe Obama was born in the United States.
• 21% think ACORN stole the 2008 election -- that is, that Obama didn't actually win it, and isn't legitimately the president, with 55% saying they are "not sure."
• 53% think Sarah Palin is more qualified than Obama to be president.
• 23% want to secede from the United States.
• 73% think gay people should not be allowed to teach in public schools.
• 31% want contraception to be outlawed.