.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Thursday, March 11, 2010
 
Glenn Beck thinks I should leave my church...

...and he may think you should leave yours, too...

"I beg you, look for the words 'social justice' or 'economic justice' on your church web site," Beck urged his audience. "If you find it, run as fast as you can. Social justice and economic justice, they are code words. Now, am I advising people to leave their church? Yes!"

Today, Beck returned to the subject, insisting that the notion of social justice is "a perversion of the Gospel," and "not what Jesus would say." He wasn't kidding.
Well, look what I found on my church's website:

The Social Concerns Ministry of Sacred Heart Cathedral is called to engage the parish community in works of social justice and charity, in accordance with the Gospel message and Catholic Social Teaching through awareness, education and action.
And that's exactly why I'll continue attending, in spite of the ramblings of the poor man's Howard Beale...



|

Powered by Blogger