.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Thursday, March 25, 2010
 
Philadelphia's MLS team debuts tonight...

Normally, the debut of a new soccer team would do nothing for me. I really don't dig the game, but I'm always curious when a new sports franchise comes to the City of Brotherly Love.

That being said, I'll be pulling for the Philadelphia Union for a couple of reasons:

1.) The team's new stadium is located in Chester, which is located about 15 miles southwest of Philly, and has a (deserved) reputation for being a......shithole.

I'd like to see something, ANYTHING, improve that area. Maybe a major league soccer team and a brand-new stadium will help to start a revitalization in Chester.

2.) I love the team's name, logo and uniforms. I know those all seem like very superficial reasons to pull for a team, but they work for me! Take a look.





That is a very cool-looking jersey, even if it is soccer...



|

Powered by Blogger