Monday, May 31, 2010
- I'm glad these NC folks failed, but I expect to see more of these "Tea Partiers of the Left" crop up as our politics get more Balkinzed
- IF we draw down to 50K troops in Iraq on time in 2011, we will have to be prepared for stories about Sunni/Shia violence for years. There will be some seriously trying times coming as the Iraqi's take charge and don't have the US to keep their internal strife to a minimum.
- Feely is a dope. Or, as Florio puts it, "as an employee of the local football team headquartered in Arizona, has publicly taken a side on an extremely polarizing issue. For a guy who plays one of the most fungible positions in football, it's a move that was either incredibly brave, or incredibly stupid. Or maybe a little -- or a lot -- of both. " Gotta love any report that is able to work in the word fungible.
- Corporations are finding the angry electorate means they need to cover their political tracks. At least this setting helps to delay the negative effects of the unfortunate Citizens United decision by the SCOTUS. And criticized by POTUS.
- Did you see Duke win the NCAA Title in Lacrosse only five seconds into overtime today? Great game, amazing finish. And it's the first time I watched a full LAX game on TV. Unseeded Notre Dame played a great game and even though those five seconds will haunt them forever, never mind....those 5 seconds will haunt them forever.
- Why Rand Paul rings true in KY. This race will come down to turnout of Dems around Louisville. They show up in numbers and Paul could lose. This should have been an easy win for Repubs, but they had to show their true KY colors and nominate Rand. The Repubs will probably defend this seat, but they will have to live with Rand for 6 years. Should be quotable!