.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
 
The weekend in sports...

Let me preface this story by saying that I'm not making this up. After Roy Halladay got shelled last week by the Red Sox, I knew he would do something special to make up for it.

I thought he'd come out and throw a no-hitter. No bullshit.

That being said, I had NO IDEA he'd throw the 20th perfect game in major league history against a tough Florida Marlins club.

I learned of the perfect game on my new iPod (thanks again, Kerri!) during the intermission of The Color Purple at DPAC and literally felt a jolt of electricity run through my body. How can someone get so excited about a game they didn't even see!

Amazing achievement, Doc.

On the hockey front, the Flyers are down 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals and I'm not even close to hitting the panic button. They are tough as friggin' nails and the next 2 games are in Philly.

I still like their chances...

UPDATE: Check out the story of a Phillies fan who was in the stadium for Halladay's perfect game on his birthday...



|

Powered by Blogger