.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Friday, October 17, 2008
 
Reflections on the first year...

Whew! We made it. Somehow.

Fiona and Declan's first year came to a close last night amid a swirl of nostalgia, excitement and anticipation for what the next year will bring.

"Challenging" doesn't begin to describe the experience of having no children, then suddenly having TWO.

I never thought I'd work so hard and yet, be so happy to do so.

I've learned a lot about myself in this last year. I've learned how strong I can be when things are tough. Consequently, I've also learned what a blubbering wuss I can be a mere 15 seconds later.

Through all of this, the one thing that always made me believe I was up to the task was my incredible wife. She shoulders roughly 100000% of the work I do, and does it with grace, compassion and unparalleled strength.

Here's to the year #2 with the coolest twins in the world!!!






|

Powered by Blogger